For Publishers and Authors
Submissions for Review
We're happy to accept unsolicited submissions to consider for review, but please be aware that we only review books by or about women. We also reserve the right to choose not to review a book submitted. If you are interested in the Reading Women covering a book around its release date, we prefer that you submit the books 6 to 8 weeks in advance.
To pitch us a title, email us at email@example.com.
Submissions for the Reading Women Award
Every year, we award the Reading Women Award to one nonfiction and one fiction title. You can find past award winners on our Reading Women Award page.
Requirements for Submission
- The title must be written by or about women.
- The author does not have to identify as a woman to be eligible for the award, but the book should focus on women and themes relevant to women's lives.
- The book must be available in print and published in the United States.
- We accept books for the current award from that award's calendar year. Example: Books published from January to December 2018 are eligible for the 2018 Reading Women Award.
- The title must be originally published in English.
- While short stories and essays are welcome, we do not accept anthologies by multiple authors.
- Books from all genres are welcome.
To submit a book for the award, or if you have any questions, please email Kendra at firstname.lastname@example.org.